Inspired by the Darksiders series, I decided to create an environment and push myself in creating more stylized. Total work time is roughly two weeks, however I had to work on it on an off over the course of two months. Overall I really enjoyed creating it, and I know that there are several areas for improvement but it had to be called done. My favorite asset is the stone face plate, and my least is the decal.
The main takeaways from creating this environment has been:
• Learning how to create a tiling mesh in ZBrush.
• Getting a better understanding on how to better optimize, by using the inbuilt systems in Unreal Engine 4.
• Figuring out how much detail from the high gets lost in texture baking and as a result, scoping the time spent in ZBrush detailing.
• Sometimes a small change in environment placement can really change how the environment feels (raising the central platform).
• Creating blueprints for certain assets saves time in placements later on (the chain).